Skills audits are being used within the private, public and voluntary sectors to Identify a number of areas for development such as:
- Increase LSC (Learning and Skills Council) learner numbers -
from Skills for Life through to Level 3.
- Provide data to both the LSC and Central Government by identifying
the realistic number of New Apprenticeships that may actually be
available in the public sector.
- Easily and quickly collate learner/employee data so that providers
(whether this is the LA or not) can maximise similar skills/training
cohorts across multi-sites at times to suit.
Support Local Authority and Private sector employers to:
- Access funded and/or subsidised training in order to either deliver contracts or maximise spending power of their budget.
- Achieve their LAA in an area where it is proving difficult.
- Analyse age and skills demographics in order to effectively develop recruitment, training and succession plans whilst accessing funded support.